The Red Cord Prayer Focus
This month’s theme – Spiritual Warfare
I believe we can all agree we live in unprecedented times in our world. The atrocities of evil we are witnessing today is the manifestation of the kingdom of darkness at work for some time now. We are just seeing more of it come to the surface. No less is true of the underworld of human trafficking, sex and labor exploitation.
Make no mistake. God is on His Throne. His Justice will prevail.
Psalm 89:14 Righteousness and Justice are the foundation of Your Throne…
Through The Red Cord and other advocacy groups, God is exposing this evil, and bringing light and knowledge to the horrors of human trafficking, so we too might be empowered to do the same. We recognize we cannot do this effectively without God. We need His Grace (enabling), the wisdom of His Word, and Holy Spirit, to anoint us with power, clothed in His Armor.
We are well aware of the spiritual warfare that is involved when we engage the territory of the enemy in human trafficking whether by prayer or as boots on the ground.
Satan hates it when we pray and worship God, because he knows it invokes the power and presence of God Almighty in our midst. As pro-active believers of the Lord Jesus Christ, our war is against demonic strongholds, and ‘human trafficking’ is one of the most powerful strongholds of the enemy’s kingdom.
Ephesians 6:12 “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
“The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds” 11Corinthians 10:4
Romans 8 describes the earth groaning in expectation for the sons of God to come forth, clothed in strength and glory…. overcomers! God wants to see an overcoming, powerful church in the earth and not just in the hereafter. When we realize the fullness of our salvation provided through the Blood of Jesus, we can come into our full identity and authority in Christ. I want to encourage us to see ourselves as victorious, including in our prayers, as we walk in the righteousness of Christ.
Let us be sure we have examined our hearts to ensure we are walking uprightly before God, and have not given satan any legal ground in our lives. If so God does not hear our prayers and we can open ourselves up to the enemy’s attacks. Remember this is war. And there are rules of engagement.
Prayer is one of our greatest weapons of spiritual warfare. It is the foundation of all we do. This month we invite you to use the following prayer calendar for the month of October.
God bless you in this season. May you prosper in spirit, soul, and body, strengthened with all might according to His glorious power!
We greatly appreciate you praying with us!
The Red Cord
Prayer Focus for September 2021
With the start of the school year now in session, depending on where you live, the first quarter may not be going as smoothly as hoped, due to the rise of sickness and quarantines disrupting the lives of families once again. We pray that in the midst of this that you would be vigilant and watchful of your surroundings and the surroundings of your loved ones, especially your children. When normalcy is disrupted, it can throw us off balance, and easily distract us, taking our eyes off of what could be danger lurking.
While human traffickers primarily target are our children, this also applies to adults.
Ask God to help you be keenly aware of your surroundings and your children’s surroundings, to watch for individuals who are ‘coming around’, or communicating to you or your children on your cellphones or through the internet, individuals who appear to be ‘good’ people you can trust, but are not who they make themselves out to be.
By now you may know that human traffickers are not the stereo type images we have seen portrayed in the past or in the movies. Traffickers look like you and me, male, female, young, and old of all socio-economic classes and races. They could even be your own family members. Get educated and trained on the traits of a trafficker by coming to a Red Cord training or other anti-human trafficking organization.
When we pray, we want to not only pray for victims of trafficking, but also for the traffickers. If there are no traffickers, there are no trafficking victims.
Praying for the Trafficker
Pray that they will find their transactions interrupted and their wicked plans frustrated. Psalm 9:16
Pray for conviction by the power of the Holy Spirit, that they would be pricked in their hearts and minds over the reality of the lifelong damage and destruction they are causing another human being, and that they would seek help.
Pray that they would fully repent. It is the goodness of God the Father that moves us to repentance and faith towards Him. Pray for their Salvation that they would come into the fullness of Christ’s forgiveness and love, so their own lives are transformed and healed. Isaiah 55:7,
Human trafficking is a criminal network that needs to be shut down. Pray that God would dismantle these networks. Pray for Law Enforcement, the judicial system, and anti-human trafficking rescue organizations to have extraordinary foresight and discernment to successfully arrest and prosecute all oppressors in the network. Psalm 146:9
Psalm 89:14 “Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne: Mercy and truth go before Your face.
(I encourage you to view the prayer focus for August focusing on our children back in school)
The Red Cord – Prayer Focus for August 2021
Greetings Prayer Partners,
August is ‘Back to School’ month for our kiddos and college students. So much goes into preparing them and supplying all they need to have a fresh start to a successful and happy new school year. And if parents pray for their children, they pray that they would make good grades, and that they would conduct themselves responsibly. They pray they would have good teachers and make good friends. They pray that they would be protected from bullying. But how many pray that they would be protected from the traps of human trafficking.
Are we even aware this happens right in our own schools?
If we are people of faith, believers in Christ, we cannot afford to abdicate our responsibility to pray effectively regarding the issue of human trafficking, when it comes to our children. Human trafficking, which is modern-day slavery, is soon, if not already, to be the number one largest criminal enterprise in our nation. The average age of a young person being trafficked today is 13 and the age is getting younger to about 10 years old.
We can no longer ignore the alarming facts. If you or someone you know has not been educated on those facts, please come to our next community training, and allow God to share this burden on His heart for those countless lives bound in chains of sex and labor trafficking. They are not just the abducted. They are our neighbors, friend’s children, school mates, & co-workers, who are bound in silence, unable to get free from both the physical and psychological bondage that keeps them enslaved to exploitation. They may even be our own children in their own bedrooms, caught up in sextortion on the internet and social media, or on their way to meet a trafficker disguised as a chat friend wanting to meet up.
Our children are getting ready to start back to school all across the country and they are faced with greater challenges than many of us older adults ever imagined. The turmoil in our nation have left many of our young people feeling very insecure and vulnerable. My heart personally breaks of single mothers I’ve known recently with children needing psychological and emotional counseling, or on the brink of committing suicide. We can forget how affected they are by what is going on around us, and they don’t understand it all, or are confused, perhaps feeling out of control emotionally. The internet through their phones and computers can be a place of escape for them, a place of solace, and for many adults for that matter.
The internet is the number one tool by which sexual perpetrators seek their prey. They know the language of young people and pose as other young people, all the while learning about your children and their wants and needs.
Please pray for our young people as they start back to school this year. Pray that relationships between parents and their children would be strengthened, healed, and in harmony. That their homes would be a place of security and love, that their needs are adequately met. Pray that there would be a free flow of communication between them, through mutual love and respect for one another.
Pray for our school systems, staff, and all educators of our children. Pray that they would see the need to have both their staff and students educated on the dangers of trafficking, and to commit to safeguarding and protecting their students from such. Pray that The Red Cord would have access into all the schools of SW Oklahoma to train and educate staff and students beginning at the age of 13 years old.
For those being trafficked at this time, let us allow the Holy Spirit to use our collective voices to pierce through the spiritual darkness that hold many captive at this time, and declare freedom, redemption, and healing through Jesus, our mighty Lord and Deliverer.
Pray for God’s protection over our children and schools, for God’s angel armies to accompany our children, that no weapon formed against them will prosper, and that all would-be perpetrators would be turned away by the Spirit of God.
Together let’s commit to praying and declaring into the atmosphere, to satan and his demons, and to all doing their bidding through the evils of pornography and trafficking that “OUR CHILDREN ARE NOT FOR SALE!”
“Thank you Lord Jesus for hearing and answering our prayers. Help us to continue to pray with the authority You gave us, Your church, whom you fill with Yourself…. Your Body. We acknowledge we can do nothing outside of You, and we thank You that we can work alongside You in this way. Lead us by Your Spirit as we pray, In Jesus Mighty Name”
Thank you for praying with us. We appreciate your continued prayers for The Red Cord as we continue to bring awareness, training, and support where needed. Our desire and mission is to prevent trafficking from even starting and your faith filled prayers provide us the spiritual empowerment of God to do just that.
God bless you!
The Red Cord Prayer Focus for July 2021
Last year I said America and many parts of the world are in a fight for the souls of our nations. I believe the same holds true today, if not more so, especially when it comes to our children and their future.
In this month of July as we remember America’s Independence Day, we appreciate the sacrifices and prayers that bore this nation into being. Despite its’ flaws, America remains in its’ goal to be a beacon of light and freedom to all.
We are increasingly and painfully aware that freedom and the pursuit of happiness is not experienced by many in our midst, often hidden in plain sight. If you have educated yourself on the basics of human trafficking, in particular sex trafficking, you will know that the target age being trafficked is 13 years old. The depths of evil within the porn and sex trafficking world of children are horrendous, because Satan wants our children. Never forget that. These are the ones who are pushed further back into the darkness and forgotten, if we do not stand in the gap and pray. Pray that our nations would be healed and unified in putting to flight every enemy who would dare take away the God given freedoms from every man, woman, and child caught in modern-day slavery, through sexual exploitation and labor.
Pray and ask God what your part is as we put our feet to action in the answer of those prayers. How about making your voice and presence known all the way into the halls of congress and within the political arena. Know what your leaders really stand for and check their voting records. Call them into account.
Whatever your gift or strength is, nothing is too small that the Master cannot use to make a difference. Remember the Bible says ‘every joint supplies’ and “…All glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think” Eph 3:20
Lord, we didn’t see them.
But you did-
The hundreds and thousands of human beings
trafficked each year to join the millions who are trapped in
They are children, women, and men of all backgrounds, forced or coerced into sex and labor exploitation, for sale, many under extreme conditions, unimaginable to those of us who live free to choose our path in life.
But you see them all.
You hear their cry and you answer
by opening our eyes, and breaking our hearts
and loosening our tongues to insist:
If the Son has set us free, we are free indeed!
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon us, Because the Lord has anointed us to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent us to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to captives, And freedom to prisoners
God bless you. And God bless America and all nations of the earth because they are His!
Prayer Letter – June
This month is National Safety Awareness Month. In regards to Human Trafficking, one arm of The Red Cord primarily focuses on providing education, tools, and protocols to help keep you and your loved ones safe from becoming targeted victims of trafficking.
We hope you will take advantage of the education and various trainings offered and become watchmen/women over our communities to help protect, spread awareness, and to pray.
Children and teens, are for the most part out of school for the summer once again. As Covid 19 restrictions are lifted in some places, many young people may still be faced with uncertainty of what the future holds for them, perhaps with more anxiety than usual. Not to mention we are still in the midst of social, political, and economic challenges. We must remember that traffickers exploit every vulnerable situation and prey on potential victims whose emotional and physical security are compromised.
How can we pray?
We need the wisdom and counsel of God to be upon us, to seek His mind and heart as we pray. Our confidence must be in the knowledge that He is for us, and not against us. He will always make a way where there is no way and that all things work together for good to them who love God and are called according to His purpose.
Part of praying for our young people includes praying for our nation’s leaders. Pray that every assignment the enemy has over our nation and nations abroad would be defeated and come to naught. Pray that righteous leaders who have our children’s best interest and future at heart would have favor and authority in our land to help set laws in place that keep all citizens safe and free.
We need leaders who are morally upright. Pray that citizens would exercise their right to vote for leaders in their towns and cities who will stand for justice for all people. Pray that every demonic spirit and stronghold at the root of human trafficking would be rooted out of our government on every level, torn down and demolished in the name of Jesus. Pray for righteous leaders to be elected who truly value life and the dignity of all. Pray for leaders who will empower and activate resources and manpower to combat human trafficking.
Psalm 89:14 “Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne: Mercy and truth go before Your face”
Pray for our law enforcement and first responders to be protected as they continue to risk their lives out on the field. Pray that they would not be distracted from being at the right place and at the right time to see and recognize victims of trafficking that need rescuing and taken to a safe place.
Pray that all who have become aware and educated about HT would not lose sight of the continuing plight of many still in bondage to modern day slavery. Pray that they would have eyes to see and ears to hear, to be quick to recognize the signs of when someone is in danger of being trafficked.
Continue to pray for families to be empowered with knowledge and strategic steps to safeguard and protect themselves from falling into the traps of human trafficking, especially in regards to the internet.
Continue to pray for The Red Cord and the many organizations forging ahead in the fight against labor and sex trafficking. Pray that their voices will continue to be heard, that they would have favor and provision to expand and increase their influence for greater change.
Pray that all survivors of human trafficking would be healed from all past trauma, and that they would be able to grow and thrive in a safe environment.
Pray for the Body of Christ and its’ leaders, that God would continue to open their eyes to see the injustice of human trafficking and set an example in the community of creating a culture free of human slavery and provide a safe haven for those in immediate need. Pray they would have the supernatural wisdom and compassion to effectively address sexual addictions and pornography within their own congregations, and to be able to provide a place of healing and restoration for those who have been trafficked.
Isaiah 61:1 “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and freedom to prisoners”
“Lord, as society continues to face so much uncertainty and challenges around us, we are grateful that we can find our rest in you, abiding in the shadow of your wings where we can put our trust. May we not forget those who are suffering in silence this hour. Reveal them to us Lord that we might be anointed by You to bring the good news of your love, redemption, and healing, to bind up their broken hearts, and to proclaim liberty and freedom to them. We ask for your protection and covering over them. We pray for their healing and restoration, that they would know they are unconditionally loved and valued. Lord, heal our land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
May it be so in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.”
Prayer Letter – May 2021
Greetings. Thank you for joining us in our desire to pray. There are many sides to the vulnerability of human trafficking and the foster care system is no exception.
This month is Foster Care Awareness Month where we want to highlight some points of needed prayer as it relates to human trafficking, and invite you to pray with us.
Some of the most vulnerable to human trafficking are children and teens who are placed into foster care, because of the neglect and/or abuse they endured while with their birth parents. They usually suffer from low self-esteem, depression, and hopelessness. Traffickers know this and will take advantage of their brokenness and give them the attention they crave, to feel loved, accepted, and provided for, until they gain the child’s trust Whether this is done through the internet or through in-person relationships believed to be trusted, traffickers will take as long as needed to woo their victims, until they have alienated them from their support system. Or if the foster parents are abusive, it is much easier for the trafficker to move more quickly to enslave his/her victim.
Although most schools are returning to the classroom, virtual classes still exist for some, leaving children at home still vulnerable to sexual exploitation through internet devices and sexual predators in the home.
With the US borders open, the increase of displaced and trafficked children warrants a need for a place of safety and care. This is an issue that greatly needs our prayers for children to be safely rescued out of danger first and foremost, and then either returned safely back to their parents, or set in new loving and caring homes. Pray for the border security staff and for immediate provisions to be provided and executed in a timely and caring manner in regards to these children.
So how can we pray?
First – Pray that every foster child would know that God cares for them and that they are uniquely created and valued. Pray that they would experience the unconditional love and protection of a forever family whether through reunification with their birth family or through adoption. Pray that who they are placed with temporarily or permanently would be a good fit. Pray that the children would be healed from all past trauma, and that they would be able to grow and thrive in a safe environment.
Second – Pray that foster parents would not only have the love, compassion, and patience needed, but also the wisdom and resources to adequately meet the child’s needs while in their care. Pray that they would have knowledge of the signs of human trafficking and teach the child the dangers of this and how to keep safe. That they would recognize quickly any red flags indicating when a trafficker is targeting their child.
Third – Pray for thorough vetting and training of all members of the foster care team to ensure there are no loopholes that would put the child in danger of traffickers and pedophiles. Pray that all on the foster care team will be able to make wise choices and act in the best interests of the children they’re representing. Pray that God’s hand guides the judges who have to make decisions regarding the termination of parental rights. Pray that social workers and child advocates would experience joy in their work and that they would not grow weary in doing good. Pray that they would take their motivation from the gospel and its’ ability to do the impossible and transform lives.
Fourth – Pray for the birth families as they struggle to deal with the dysfunctions that caused the separation from their children. Pray that they would be able to overcome and experience forgiveness, healing and redemption in their own lives, to be restored to wholeness, so they can be successfully reunified with their children. Pray that they would receive the support they need to continue moving forward, leading productive and healthy lives.
Fifth – Pray that God would intervene when it comes to laws in place, or proposed, that are or would be detrimental to the foster care system’s obligation to provide safe loving environments for our most vulnerable children in need.
And last but not least –Pray for the church, that they would be actively engaged in the child welfare system by becoming foster parents, and/or providing support to both foster care families and birth families through the judicial process. Pray that they too would have God’s wisdom, love and compassion. That they would set an example in the community by taking responsibility in caring for the ‘orphans’.
James 1:27 “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world”
Psalm 82:3a “Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless…”
John 14:18 “I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you”
“Lord hear us as we commit to interceding for the children, their families and all who are committed to their care and well-being. We ask for your protection and covering over them. We take the authority you have given us to both bind and blind the enemy from having access to these children and declare that no weapon formed against them shall prosper. We pray for their healing and restoration, that they might become strong and healthy in the knowledge that they are unconditionally loved and valued, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.”
Thank you for praying with us!
The Red Cord Prayer Focus for April 2021
April greetings everyone!
With winter behind us, we look forward to all things ‘new life’, beholding the beauty as we look around us at nature.
God also calls us to ‘new life’ through Christ. We are eternally grateful for redemption found in the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus, and that the gift of ‘new life’ is for everyone that believes and accepts this miraculous truth. God’s heart is to rescue, redeem, and heal every broken heart. His heart is to deliver from all from the depravity of sin and evil.
Let’s ask God how we are to pray when it comes to human trafficking – from the victim, to the buyer, to the trafficker, to the porn addicted, and to the porn producers. Then there are the survivors, the advocates fighting for victims everyday – from those bringing awareness and education to communities, to the rescuers, to law enforcement, to those providing aftercare, to the legal advocates, and the law makers. We need your prayers.
The following is a 30 day prayer guide we would like to share with you, provided by Shared Hope International that can help guide you as you pray.
TOGETHER ON BENDED KNEE
The following 30 Days of Prayer and devotion are available for you to utilize at your own pace.
Prayer For Wisdom
Educate Ourselves And Others
Finding Justice, Humility, And Mercy
Challenge To Men To Engage
Protection And Safety For DMST Victims And Those Who Intervene
Ask God What You Can Do To Make A Difference
Protecting Vulnerable Children And Youth From Traffickers
To Reach Out To Survivors
Those Who Provide Direct Service
Wisdom For Lawmakers
Professionals Who Directly Serve Survivors
Healing For Survivors
Traffickers And Buyers, To See What They Are Doing
To Not Only Hear, But To Know How To Take Action
Survivors Finding Inner Strength To Recover
Justice For Perpetrators
Restoration For Survivors
Pornography And Its Enticements
Removing Labels And Shame From Victims
To Continue To Fight Against The Sexual Pervesion In Our Culture
To Never Give Up In The FIght Against Child Sex Trafficking
Turning Evil Against Exploited Victims Into Something Good And Restorative
For Peace And Patience For Victims In Their Process Of Healing And Restoration
Prevention Of Trafficking Through Education And Protection For Those Most Vulnerable
God Hears Our Cries
Healthy Recovery In Relationships For Survivors
Peace For All Who Support Survivors To Help Them Find Peace
Pray For International Survivors
Access To Care For Survivors And Support For Shelter Providers
Current Legislative Session
Isaiah 61:1 “The Spirit of the Lord God is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and freedom to the prisoners.
Thank you for praying with us. God bless you!
The Red Cord Prayer Focus for February 2021
Thank you to all who have prayed for our 4th Annual Freedom Gala held on January 30th. It was indeed a success and we are grateful for your partnership to help inspire hope through your prayers, speaking God’s light, love, and deliverance into the dark world of human trafficking. As a survivor focused event, we were blessed to hear survivors bravely share their incredible testimonies!
I’d like to share the following prayer focus by ‘Shared Hope International’ –
Healing For Survivors
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angles nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creating, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
It is freeing to know that nothing we do can make God love us any less, or any more! That can be difficult to accept when we feel ashamed or worthless, but it is true. Because of the stigmatization of prostitution, sex trafficking survivors often struggle with shame and feelings of worthlessness. Traffickers view them as a paycheck, buyers view them as an object for sexual gratification, society views them as a criminal, but God views them as worthy of His unchanging and unfailing love.
- Survivors of trafficking to know that they are loved by the Lord.
- Christian mentors for survivors to encourage and support their release and healing.
Here is a prayer you might pray:
Lord God, even for survivors who know who You are, there is the pervasive feeling of guilt and shame that overwhelms the knowledge that You are a God who loves and forgives. Such guilt and shame obscures the knowledge that nothing can separate anyone from Your love. If it is that hard for those who know you, how much worse for those who don’t know You yet! I pray that they meet You and learn how much You love them.
Lastly, with February as Black History Month, I’d like to highlight a share from one of our volunteers, Laura, who quotes a well know African American abolitionist in the 1800s –
“No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck”
– Frederick Douglass, American Abolitionist and so much more.
We know it is only a matter of time before those who have made it their career to oppress others are to have their downfall.
We know that the very chains they use to enslave others, in our country and beyond, will be their own demise.
We know we all have a responsibility to do our part in this fight against human trafficking.
And we know that God is leading His own military at the head of this fight.
And we must continue to repent and to call on His name for victory!
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14
May God empower us as we posture ourselves in humility and allow Him to dress and equip us as He shows us our part, whether in prayer or as boots on the ground, in this battle against ‘modern day slavery’.
Thank you and God Bless you mightily!
Happy New Year !
The Red Cord Prayer Focus for January 2021
A Blessed New Year to all of you! We hope you have enjoyed the holidays, embracing those you love, and/or just taking time to reflect and reset 😊. I think maybe we can all agree we need a mind and body ‘reset and refresh’. Out with the old, and in with the new! One of the things I love most about the Lord is how He encourages us to let go of the past and embrace the new. He is all about reconciliation and making things new within us, so we can start again with a fresh new perspective and purpose. Isaiah 1:18 and 43:18-19
Philippians 3:13b-14 But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
January is National Human Trafficking Awareness Month. With all of the political unrest we are experiencing, let us not forget that hundreds of thousands of lives, both victims and survivors are greatly affected right now by this destructive and degrading exploitation called human trafficking for both sex and labor. They desperately need our prayers. In fact, there has been an increase in 2020 due to the pandemic!
We hope you will turn your attention and prayers once again towards this global epidemic that touches our home towns and cities across America, and yes even in rural Oklahoma where good ole country folk live. Do you recognize the signs and vulnerabilities? Are you able to see what is right in front of you? “The eye can’t see what the mind does not know”. The more you know, the more effective you can be in prayer. Seek us out. We would love to get you connected with our next education opportunity.
The following are prayer points we would appreciate prayer for, some of which I shared in last month’s prayer focus that does not change!
- Pray for our young people in this digital age, who spend a lot of screen time on the internet. This creates a target-rich environment for traffickers to recruit kids online through social media, chat apps, and video games. Pray for protection and that many of these open doors on the internet would be shut down. Pray for those working tirelessly in this area to create more online safety measures that prevent access from predators/traffickers.
- Pray for parent’s wisdom and close monitoring of their children’s online and outside of home activities
- Pray for young people to recognize the red flags and listen to their gut instincts when something is off in what appears at first to be harmless conversation with someone who showers them with attention, luring them unknowingly into dangerous situations. Pray for them to have courage to say no and tell their parents or some other trusted adult about the encounter.
- Pray for our law enforcement, many of which have been trained to detect human trafficking. Pray that they would continue to have keen eyes and ears attuned to recognizing a possible trafficking situation, and for quick wisdom and timing in the matter. Pray that our law enforcement would have adequate number of proficient officers needed in each city and county to help combat human trafficking, thereby bringing justice to every victim.
- Pray that more people throughout our communities will become educated and trained to recognize the signs of human trafficking in their own neighborhoods and communities, thereby saving lives. This is the power of prevention!
- Pray for all the victims still out there and rescued survivors still struggling with the trauma, who may feel alone, depressed, and maybe still entertaining thoughts of suicide. They need our prayers, prayers that God the Father will show Himself in tangible amazing ways, that they would not feel alone, but instead will have a peaceful sense of His presence and love wrapped around them. Pray for others to come alongside them for support.
- And once again, we would greatly appreciate prayer for our upcoming 4th Annual Freedom Gala on January 30th, “From Surviving to Thriving”, featuring keynote speaker Ilonka Deaton. Other local survivors will also be sharing their stories. Please pray for a successful turnout, especially during these difficult times for many people, and for hearts to be stirred to action in joining the fight against human trafficking. Pray for the many survivors to be encouraged, strengthened, and inspired to new heights they never before imagined. This will be a celebration of life, a celebration dedicated to survivors who are all overcomers in their own right. We hope you will join us!
We appreciate your prayers for us here at The Red Cord. There are many areas of assistance and support needed to carry out the mission of bringing light into the darkness. Some of these areas include help with bringing awareness, education, and training; help with projects that further educate and raise funds for resources and goods that support local survivors as well as other Human Trafficking organizations focused on after-care for survivors.
Do you feel God is laying on your heart to be a prayer intercessor for The Red Cord, or to be involved in any of the areas I have shared above? If so, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again, we very much appreciate your prayers which is a huge blessing we cannot do without.
The Red Cord Prayer Focus for December 2020
The Christmas holidays are upon us, and I would imagine for many it’s met with mixed emotions due to the stress, pain, and challenges of this past year. My prayer is that we can embrace the hope and peace found in the message of Christmas….Christ with us, Emmanuel, casting all of our cares upon Him for He cares for us, to be cleansed and refreshed, filled with the unsurpassing peace of Jesus who is called the Prince of Peace.
It’s important as people of prayer to take good care of ourselves, to know when it’s time to rest and repair the chinks in our armor so we are not vulnerable to the enemy’s attacks.
The battle against human trafficking has never been greater. While we have heard good news of successful rescues of victims and arrests of traffickers and buyers, these still represent but a small percentage of the whole yet to be accomplished and there is a world of evil that opposes us on every end. But we will not give up.
Galations 6:9 And let us not grow weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
Please remember that the majority of those trafficked are not necessarily out on the highways and byways. They are our neighbors, our students, our co-workers caught in a silent prison, hidden in plain sight. It is true there are many missing children being trafficked, and even sacrificed in satanic rituals and they desperately need our prayers. But let us not forget those around us that may appear to be living normal lives, but aren’t. They are living in a hell that no one else seems to notice.
Other key points to remember to cover in prayer at this time –
- For all students who will be on vacation from school for the holidays. With this comes more screen time on the internet, which creates a target-rich environment for traffickers to recruit kids online through social media, chat apps, and video games.
- Safety and protection during holiday travel, at airports, hotels, rest stops, special events and parties, shopping malls, and where young people hang out.
- For parent’s wisdom and close monitoring of their children’s online and outside of home activities.
- For young people to recognize the red flags and listen to their gut instincts when something is off in what appears at first to be harmless conversation with someone who showers them with attention, luring them unknowingly into dangerous situations. Pray for them to have courage to say no and tell their parents or some other trusted adult about the encounter.
- While we are focused on celebrating the holidays with family and friends, remember to continue to pray for all the victims still out there and rescued survivors still struggling with the trauma, who may not be celebrating, who may feel alone, depressed, and perhaps more vulnerable to suicide. They need our prayers, prayers that God the Father will show Himself in tangible amazing ways, that they would not feel alone, but instead will have a peaceful sense of His presence and love wrapped around them. Pray for others to come alongside them for support.
We would also greatly appreciate prayer for our upcoming 4th Annual Gala next month in January “From Surviving to Thriving”, featuring keynote speaker Ilonka Deaton. Other local survivors will also be sharing their stories. Please pray for hearts to be stirred to action in joining the fight against human trafficking. Pray for the many survivors to be encouraged, strengthened, and inspired to new heights they never before imagined. This will be a celebration of life, a celebration dedicated to survivors who are all overcomers in their own right.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for standing with us this past year, for giving of your time, talents, donations, and prayers. We cannot do this without the love and support of our community and we thank God for you. We thank God for His Hand of blessing and provision… His guidance, protection, wisdom, and grace to do what He has called us to do. To Him we give Honor and Praise.
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners
The Red Cord Prayer Focus for November 2020
Never has there been a time in our recent history, especially in America where a great deal of attention is brought to the issue of human trafficking, particularly child trafficking today.
If we are going to address sex trafficking which is the majority of human trafficking, then we need to address pornography, the gateway to trafficking. Pornography and sex trafficking go hand in hand. If you have one, you have the other. If there was no pornography, there would be no demand for victims.
Pornography is an addiction, similar to drug addiction in its’ damaging effects on the brain. The images and videos of pornography can eventually lead to acting out on innocent victims. Many of the images and videos of pornography are actual victims of trafficking, coerced and forced to portray the images and scenes created, many of which are violent. The abuse is horrific and traumatizing to victims both physically and emotionally. These victims include untold numbers of children. For both adults and children, it takes years of aftercare to bring healing to the shame, confusion, extreme depression, PTSD, and anxiety.
Pornography destroys lives. It destroys the person addicted, their relationships, and those who may become their victims as a result of the addiction.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
For this purpose was the Son of God manifest, to destroy the works of the evil one. 1 John 3:8
The Word of God says we are not fighting against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, and against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly realm.
For those who are in Christ, He has given us authority in His name to take dominion over wickedness. The Son of God came, and now lives in us to carry out the mission of destroying the works of the evil one.
Who or what are the evil ones or evil spirits we deal with when it comes to pornography?
The ‘ruling spirits or strongholds’ of pornography is ‘Perverse Spirit & Whoredoms’. The two ‘chief spirits’ of these strongholds is ‘Sexual Impurity’ and ‘Whoredoms’. The first ‘chief spirit’ ‘Sexual Impurity’ brings it’s ‘afflicting’ spirits, some of which are child molestation, pornography and rape. The second ‘chief spirit’ is ‘Whoredoms’ bringing it’s afflicting spirits of idolatry, excessive appetite, prostitution, adultery, and chronic dissatisfaction.
As we pray let’s take authority over these spirits by name, calling for it’s destruction and hold to be loosed from people’s lives.
1) Pray for those who are addicted to pornography and its’ damaging effects on the spirit, soul, and body.
– To be awakened to the sin and destructive behavior of porn and repent (turn away)
– For freedom and healing in Christ – that their minds would be renewed by the Word of God and His love
– That they would reach out and take the necessary steps to become accountable. Pray they would have a strong supporting system in their lives to encourage them.
– That they would be set free from the lie that says they can’t overcome the addiction
– To be set free from shame and guilt
– For their brain’s neuron pathways (damaged by porn) to be healed.
– For relationships to be restored and whole
– That the door of the enemy would be shut in their lives
Isaiah 41:13, Ps 141:8, Job 31:1, Ps 25:15, Ps 119:37
2) Pray for the families affected by loved ones’ addiction to pornography, that there would be healing, forgiveness, and restoration. Isaiah 41:13
3) Pray for those in the porn industry.
- For those who have willingly subjected themselves to be used in the images and filming of pornography, and in strip clubs, that they would come to the realization of their true worth, wonderfully and fearfully created by God and loved by Him, that they would be set free, healed and restored from the harmful and abusive effects of porn.
- Pray that the supply lines of the porn industries/sites would be cut off. Pray that their minds and hearts would be pierced by the conviction of the Lord and turn from this wickedness. Pray that the Holy Spirit would sweep across the industry, resulting in the complete shutting down of their businesses.
4) Pray for the victims of porn, who have been coerced and forced into these images and videos. Pray for divine intervention and provision, that they would be rescued, set free, and restored to wholeness.
5) Pray for our governments and legal system, for God-honoring laws that would outlaw completely the exploitation of people through porn. Pray for leaders to be raised up that would take a stand for this cause. Pray that governmental strongholds in the spiritual realm that empower pornography would be brought down in the name of Jesus Christ. Amos 5:24, Ps 89:14
6) Pray for the Church to take a stand and be the lead protector and defenders of our communities and address the issue of porn in their own churches with courage, wisdom, and sensitivity. Isaiah 61:1-3 Pray for restoration of purity in the Church and in our nation.
7) Pray for men to rise up in our communities and churches and take a stand against pornography, to be both examples and mentors to their sons and other young men and boys, providing the tools needed to combat the temptation of sexual immorality.
8) Pray for The Red Cord, and the many other organizations that educate and make resources available to help bring freedom to those who are addicted to porn. Pray also for those who are reaching out to prostitutes and strippers, that God would give them favor and the power of His love to minister to them.
We acknowledge that we cannot do this without God’s guidance, intervention and healing power. And we thank you for praying with us in the battle against pornography.
If you have a prayer request regarding this issue of pornography, you are welcome to contact us. We have a prayer team that would be glad to pray with you.
The Red Cord Prayer Focus
This month’s theme is focused on Spiritual Warfare.
First off, I think we all agree we are living in a different world in just less than a year’s time. I also believe that what we are witnessing today is the manifestation of the kingdom of darkness at work for some time now.
Those of us in the anti-trafficking movement are well aware of the spiritual warfare that is involved when we engage the territory of the enemy in human trafficking. Even as I was preparing this letter and while The Red Cord was preparing for a Night of Worship recently dedicated to human trafficking, the attacks of the enemy were very evident.
Satan hates us praying and worshipping God, because he knows it invokes the power and presence of God Almighty in our midst.
So, whether we like it or not, as believers who believe and proactively engage in the fight against trafficking, whether in our prayer closets or as boots on the ground, we are in war involving the spiritual realm.
In the large scheme of things, it’s important we understand we are in a battle for the soul of nations in this season. I believe we are experiencing a shaking of the earth as Hebrews 12:27 describes “…removing of those things that can be shaken, so that what cannot be shaken may remain.’ God is exposing darkness, the dark deeds of men from the political arena to the trafficking world, which incidentally have some connections to each other. Human trafficking is nearly the #1 criminal enterprise worldwide, and today we are witnessing more arrests made and victims rescued. This is good news, praise God! He is doing a mighty work, and there is so much yet to be done, spiritual strongholds of HT that have to be brought down by the power of God, in the name of Jesus!
“The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds” 11Corinthians 10:4
Romans 8 describes the earth groaning in expectation for the sons of God to come forth, clothed in strength and glory…. overcomers! I believe God wants to see an overcoming, powerful church in the earth and not just in the hereafter. When we realize the fullness of our salvation provided through the Blood of Jesus, we can come into our full identity in Christ. So, I want to encourage us to see ourselves as victorious, including in our prayers, as we walk in the righteousness of Christ.
When it comes to the horrors of human trafficking, child porn, child trafficking, and all it entails, it can feel overwhelming when we pray, unable to find adequate words. We hardly know where to begin sometimes. Ask the Holy Spirit to lead you. One simple and powerful way to pray is praying the Word of God – The Word of God, and its’ principles incorporated in our prayers, is praying in the will of God. When you find a passage of scripture, think about the meaning and principles of that scripture and all that it can apply to. Replace the personal pronouns with those you are praying for, whether it be victims, survivors, those in the fight against trafficking, the criminal networks of HT…etc. God will give you passages of scripture to pray from. If you have a prayer language in the Spirit, use it! 🙂
If I may suggest a book I have used, it’s called ‘Prayers That Rout Demons’ by Apostle John Eckhardt. He takes the scriptures and almost word for word turns them into short sentence prayers, divided into different categories. There are also free videos online reciting these prayers. Check them out. Not only will it inspire you in how you pray, but it will also lift your spirit!
Remember also that God has given hosts of angels to come to aid in the answer to our prayers (ministering spirits). Call upon God to dispatch these angels when needed.
I heard someone say recently that “Sometimes the shadow cast by your prayers are greater than the prayers themselves”. Don’t underestimate your prayers in faith! God’s Word does not return void!
Be encouraged and lifted up. God said if we would humble ourselves before Him, He would exalt us. Not for ourselves, but for His Glory, because He desires to work through us! That in itself is humbling! To think that the God of the Universe would choose to want to work through us and alongside us! We are His Body! What a marvelous mystery to grasp! Satan knows this. Shall we not know it that much more!
Please remember the following in your prayers – If God lays a particular area on your heart to spend more time praying over, be obedient to that. You may not pray for everything equally and that’s okay. God may give a special burden of another area to someone else.
- This is ‘Spiritual Warfare’ month. If you desire to be used by God to pray, ask God to sharpen your spiritual senses, so you are sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s leading when He reveals something to you that needs prayer. Because of the season we are in, be watchful, be prayerful, and walk circumspectly in all wisdom and in the power of His Spirit. Guard your walk and intimacy with Christ. Be filled with His Spirit. You cannot give out what you don’t have. Take care of yourself. Be prayerful and selective in the battles of life you engage in on a daily basis. Ask God to help you prioritize your time and energy so you are not distracted or burned out and unable to answer the call to pray when God calls on you. We are very appreciative that you are reading this letter now. Thank you!
- Pray for the Body of Jesus Christ to come into her full destined purpose, to ‘Be the Church’ out in the world, and not just on certain days of the week and celebrations within brick and mortar. Can you imagine if everyone fulfilled ‘their assignment and God given purpose’ out in the world, the transformation we would see?! We are called to be soldiers of Christ to defeat the enemy and advance the Kingdom of God in the earth, setting captives free and bringing righteousness, joy, and peace in the Holy Spirit.
- Anti-trafficking organizations need the prayers of faith-filled believers of Christ!
- Please be on the lookout for The Red Cord Newsletter that is posted on this website in the first week of every month. Pray for the events shared in the newsletter.
- Pray for the trainings, radio interviews, and podcasts that are ongoing. Pray for more available volunteers, especially trainers.
- As we hear about rescues and arrests regarding trafficking and prostitution, please be praying for all the individuals involved. Pray that victims who are rescued will courageously take the next step of accepting the help offered to them without the fear of retaliation from their pimp or trafficker. Pray against the fear, and speak life, courage, peace and soundness of mind over them. Pray that they would accept the care and love offered to them, so they can receive the healing and restoration needed in their lives.
- Pray for those addicted to pornography. Porn is what fuels the demand for sex trafficking of both adults and children. We are seeing a sharp increase in the demand for child pornography which leads to the acting out on children themselves from infancy to teenagers, with 13 being the most targeted age. This demonic stronghold must be brought down through our prayers!
- Pray that all that is hidden in darkness would be brought to light; that criminal networks of human trafficking and prostitution would be dismantled. Pray that attempts to decriminalize prostitution would be defeated. Pray for those being trafficked under the guise of prostitution, as well as those who felt they had no other option but to sell themselves, only to find themselves in a place of enslavement they did not see coming. Pray for their deliverance and healing.
- And, as always The Red Cord staff and volunteers covet and appreciate your prayers…prayers for continued open doors to bring awareness and training, especially in those places of greatest need where there is resistance in some form or another, which is most often spiritual darkness pushing back against the Light. Pray for the hearts engaged during trainings to be stirred to action. Pray for multiplied fruit from our labors and that the fruit would remain and grow. Pray that God would keep us in His will, that we would be sensitive to His leading, especially in these times of unrest. Pray for God’s protection and covering over us. Pray for rest and strength in the midst of the battle and the demand of time involved.
Ephesians 6:12 “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
Psalm 24:8 “Who is this King of Glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle
Zephaniah 3:17 “The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy”
Thank you and God bless you in this season. We pray that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man.