PRAYER POINTS FOR FEBRUARY
February is Black History month. While this is a time we celebrate the unique culture and accomplishments of our African-American brothers and sisters throughout the years, we are also mindful and taken back to a time of darkness, the transatlantic slavery from which the successes of today were forged. We remember the many who fought to abolish this dark practice in our country, resulting in the Emancipation Proclamation of 1863.
We celebrate the many anti-slavery abolitionists of those days, many of which were African American. We honor their bravery and courage in the face of great opposition and persecution. We thank God for hearing the cries of His people, resulting in the freedom, opportunity, and prosperity enjoyed today.
So, our prayer focus this month are abolitionists of human slavery. An abolitionist by definition is simply a person that believes and supports the abolishment of slavery.
I would like to quote the following shared by Timothy Ballard from his book ‘Slave Stealers’
‘Two abolitionists, more than a century apart, fight the same evil: Human Trafficking
Harriet Jacobs, from her book Incidents in the life of a Slave Girl (1861)
“What (do they) know of mothers shrieking for their children, torn from their arms by slave traders: Of young girls dragged down into moral filth? Of pools of blood around the whipping post?
“I was resolved that I would foil my master and save my children, or I would perish in the attempt.”
Timothy Ballard, from his book Slave Stealers (2018)
“Let’s put down the weapons we hold against each other and gather around this societal plaque. Let us all – of every color and creed – join hands and attack this wicked darkness together.”
Today abolitionists are bravely fighting ‘modern-day slavery’, the sex and labor trafficking of children, women, and men of all races and social economic backgrounds worldwide.
Our modern-day abolitionists need no less our prayers as they do the work God has called them to do by creating intolerance in society, bringing freedom to the captives/victims, and providing what can be years of aftercare towards healing and wholeness.
Your prayers invoke God’s hand to move in supernatural ways we may not always see. “The Lord’s hand is not too short to save, nor are his ears too dull to hear.” Isaiah 59:1
Slavery is not just a thing of the past. It is here and now. As a pray-er committed to interceeding for the abolishment of modern-day slavery, you also are a part of this abolition movement.
Seek to be filled and led by the Holy Spirit if you are a believer in Christ. Have faith that His anointing and power works through you as you pray in the authoritative name of Jesus Christ, declaring light in the darkest corners of this horrific injustice against humanity.
Pray for the safety and protection of all who are actively making every effort to eradicate this evil.
Here are the following areas modern day abolitionists are actively involved in that you can be praying for –
– Providing awareness, education, and training that bring understanding to this multi-dimensional issue, resulting in prevention and rescue.
– Organizations committed to shining the light on pornography which fuels the demand for sex trafficking, and its addictive effects.
– Rescue of victims and arrest/prosecution of traffickers and buyers. Law enforcement and first responders, private rescue organizations such as Operation Underground Railroad (Timothy Ballard) are out on the front lines of dangerous operations. Pray that justice would be served in the taking down of every sex and human trafficking operation, that their supply lines would be cut off and that recompense and retribution would be meted out accordingly.
– Those in the White House and Federal government committed to combating this issue in our nation. Pray for other world leaders and governments to take a stand and commit to focusing on the same with the spirit and passion Abraham Lincoln had.
– Aftercare organizations providing comprehensive and compassionate care for victims that take years of recovery and healing, without which they will not survive.
– Prayer intercessors filled with the discernment and power of the Holy Spirit to break through and tear down every demonic stronghold (government and otherwise) that holds all victims captive.
Your specific prayers for these areas are foundational to their success. Pray that God would direct their steps according to His will and timing, and that they would be adequately equipped with the skills and provision needed to accomplish their goals. Pray that they would be strengthened, encouraged, and protected in the mission.
God bless you as you join the armies of heaven and cover us all in prayer!